The hit NBC series, Friends, ended over ten years ago yet Americans still watch it daily as though it only came out this year, so why is that? What makes the comedy series survive far past its expiration date? A lot of this can be attributed to the incredible acting by the show’s stars, Jennifer Aniston (Rachel Green), Matt LeBlanc (Joey Tribiani), Matthew Perry (Chandler Bing), David Schwimmer (Ross Gheller), Courtney Cox (Monica Gheller) and Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe Buffet).
Each character had their own unique personality and style, something that made them truly special and entertaining but in this writer’s opinion no other character was more entertaining than that of Chandler Bing, played by Matthew Perry. The character was off the wall, sarcastic and unpredictable, which made him so fun to watch it was hard to take your eyes off the screen. However, what made Chandler Bing so special were his one-liners and while there were far too many to pick just one we have compiled some of his best. You tell us if you agree or if we missed one you think deserves to be on the list.
· “In the words of A.A. Milne, get out of my chair, dillhole!” – The One Where No One’s Ready
· “I’m glad we’re having a rehearsal dinner. I rarely practice my meals before I eat.” – The One With Phoebe’s Wedding
· “Alright I took the quiz and it turns out I do put career before men.” – The One Where No One’s Ready
· In season 10 Rachel and Ross meet up with Mark, who caused their initial “we were on a break,” saga and all those years later Ross still has not gotten over his jealousy and during a conversation with Chandler and Monica this happened:
o Ross: “Rachel’s at dinner with Mark, that guy from Bloomingdales. She thinks he’s just trying to be nice to her, but I know he really wants to sleep with her!”
Chandler: “It’s seven years ago. My time machine works!”
· “Oh, that makes me feel so warm in my hollow tin chest.” – The One Where Chandler Can’t Cry
· “I’m hopeless and awkward and desperate for love.” – The One With The Metaphoric Tunnel
· “I’m not great at the advice. Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?” – The One Where Joey Tells Rachel
Of course there are many more fantastic Chandler Bing one-liners but we will leave it up to you to post your favorites in the comments section below!